There isn’t anywhere that comes closer to heavenly hideaways than the Maldives, combining powder white sand with barefoot luxury, the Maldives is the ultimate destination for anyone looking for crystal clear waters and jaw-dropping surroundings. Whether you’re staying in Beach Villas or the more luxurious Water Villas you can expect a holiday that doesn’t disappoint. With endless snorkelling, sailing and wind-surfing available don’t be fooled into thinking the Maldives is a ‘lie on the beach’ holiday.
The Maldives comprises of 26 natural atolls consisting of dual island chains.
Here is a list of the Top ten islands for that romantic getaway, with culinary delights from all over the world.
Best time to visit Maldives
• Temperatures in the Maldives vary little throughout the year, averaging 25-30ºC
• The peak season is December to April, when it's hotter and drier
• May to July and September to November tend to have higher rainfall and some cloud, but still see plenty of sunshine amidst short downpours, and this is when you can benefit from the greatest value offers.
Things to do
• Gourmet dining by the most beautiful sunsets
• Divining and Turtle snorkelling, the reefs in the Maldives are the most beautiful in the world.
• Island hopping by speed boats or seaplane.
• underwater spa, underwater music club and underwater restaurant, all found on different islands.